How do we all feel about gift guides people? Love them? Indifferent? You want to throw the laptop out of the nearest window whenever you see one pop up in your feed? Don't worry, because I'm sure you are not alone whatever your thoughts may be. I myself, take a more diplomatic view. I can understand that they might be useful for some people who are clueless about what to get for Aunt Mabel (a Cath Kidston sewing kit should suffice) but also leave others dumbfounded. Who can afford a £170 candle after all? Instead as is customary on here, I've provided a selfish insight into what I might like for Christmas this time around. Some of the links might help you and be the missing puzzle piece for your present conundrums. Others could be added to your own personal lists to be bought once the hullabaloo is over. I know that six days before Christmas isn't the best time to be posting this and that some of these things may not be waiting under the tree for me, but that's okay. Christmas isn't necessarily the excitable morning it once was and I'm just as happy witnessing the split second when my sister opens her presents and eating intense amounts of stuffing. Hopefully I'll receive a small donation towards some of these items or something entirely unexpected but until then, let's dream about what might have been, if I were a more organised so and so.
- A Marc by Marc Jacobs watch would be ideal, since I'm now in more grown up territory.
- The Grace Coddington memoir will hopefully spur me on towards greater things.
- I'm obsessed with the Valentina frangrance after dousing myself with it at the Somerset House exhibition.
- This Orla Kiely dress needs to be mine.
- My iPhone will soon have more cases than I've had hot dinners; this Dannijo one fits the bill perfectly.
- Carven with a Petit Bateau twist, for channelling Alexa.
- How do I not own anything by Lazy Oaf? This ring would be perfect for my collection.
- I think it's time to get rid of the childhood posters in my room; this Garance Doré illustration would be a worthy replacement.
- A Westfield gift card is perfect for picking up any bargains in the inevitable sales. Do you prefer East or West?
- This Tatty Devine paisley necklace needs to get in my life.
- After learning more about his work, I'm hoping for the Tim Walker book for further inspiration and insight.
- I've had my eye on these Topshop boots for a while, which proves they're a keeper.
- I'm so glad that a new Biba book is out! The exhibition left me with so many unanswered questions.
- Niotillfem has this COS shirt collar, such an ingenious idea.
- You can never have too much nail polish
- I think it's time to learn how to put make-up properly, I need a lesson!
- This 3.1 Phillip Lim bag is next on my bag list, out of stock but not out of mind.
- Time to update the Oyster card holder.
- I've finally decided on a new lens thanks to this blogger's recommendation, hopefully it's the answer to all my 50mm grumbles.
- You can never have too many things with your initial on, I think a jumper is the final frontier!
How are you feeling about gifts this Christmas?
Follow onBloglovin Facebook Twitter Tumblr Pinterest Instagram @fashionknitsta